ER 25 Lathe Collet Chuck 100mm
Low Cost, highly accurate collet chuck for lathes
The ER collet system offers unbeatable performance.
- Bar stock will pass through collet and chuck.
- Collet capacity 1.5mm - 16mm.
- Supplied complete with C spanner.
- Ideally suited to Warco lathes such as the WM 180 / 240 / 250 / 280.
- For larger machines, we recommend the equivalent ER 32 chuck.
- NEW! A direct fit onto the following Warco lathes: New Super Mini Lathe*, WM 180, 240 and 240B - meaning no backplate required!
- For lathes other than those mentioned above, a backplate is required to fit - more info below.
How to fit this collet chuck to a lathe?
- To mount this collet chuck to your lathe it is necessary to add a backplate. (This doesn't apply to the New Super Mini Lathe / WM 180 / 240 / 240B. For these, no backplate is required as mentioned above).
- Machining the backplate is best undertaken on your lathe to achieve maximum accuracy.
- To do this, secure the back plate to the spindle.
- Skim across the face to ensure squareness, then machine a spigot to match the register of the collet chuck.
- It is necessary to measure the PCD of the fixing holes in order to secure the chuck to the backplate.
- Image showing how to mount ER collets shown above.
* This collet chuck is directly compatible with the Warco Super Mini Lathe (Item No. 4900 & 4901) - the latest version only, which is the type supplied with a 100mm 3 jaw chuck when new. For the regular Warco (non-Super) Mini Lathe and previous versions of the Super Mini Lathe (those supplied with an 80mm chuck when new), a backplate is still required.