5C Precision Collet Chuck for Metal Lathes
- 5" diameter
- Scroll mechanism, key operated.
- Top levels of precision, you will not find a better 5C chuck anywhere else.
- Accepts 5C collets.
Collets available in either metric or imperial
Fitting a collet chuck to a lathe
- To mount a collet chuck to your lathe it is necessary to add a backplate.
- Machining the backplate is best undertaken on your lathe to achieve maximum accuracy.
- To do this, secure the back plate to the spindle. Skim across the face to ensure squareness, then machine a spigot to match the register of the collet chuck.
- It is necessary to measure the PCD of the fixing holes in order to secure the chuck to the backplate.
Range of lathe back plates available here.
Price includes VAT & UK mainland delivery.