5C Precision Collet Chuck for Metal Lathes
A very well engineered tool with excellent quality throughout.
This collect chuck has high levels of precision.
- Scroll mechanism, key operated.
- Top levels of precision, fantastic quality throughout.
- Accepts 5C collets (collet not included).
- Fits to a lathe with corresponding backplate (more details below).
Collets available in either metric or imperial
Fitting a collet chuck to a lathe
- To mount a collet chuck to your lathe it is necessary to add a backplate.
- Machining the backplate is best undertaken on your lathe to achieve maximum accuracy.
- To do this, secure the back plate to the spindle. Skim across the face to ensure squareness, then machine a spigot to match the register of the collet chuck.
- It is necessary to measure the PCD of the fixing holes in order to secure the chuck to the backplate.
Other versions now available
Price includes VAT & UK mainland delivery.