Warco WM 280V Variable Speed Lathe
With AC Motor Inverter Drive
This is the upgraded version of the longstanding Warco WM 280 series of lathes - the Warco WM 280V.
This machine now features uprated specification throughout, now with an all new and improved inverter drive system. The WM 280V features Delta inverter drive with AC induction motor for ultra reliable long term performance.
Benefit of extremely quiet operation throughout.
Featuring the ability to go as low as 30 rpm - ideal for thread cutting, with great torque in the low speed range.
With power cross feed, thread dial indicator, digital rev counter and 700mm between centres.
Now with overload clutch to the feed shaft.
The motor is even more powerful - with a 50% increase from 1kw to 1.5kw (1500w).
Available in metric.
- Dedicated feed shaft for longitudinal and cross feed
- Separate leadscrew for thread cutting functions
- Wide, double vee bedway - which is hardened and ground for maximum durability
- Extremely quiet and vibration free operation
- Adjustable gibs to slideways
- Offset facility to tailstock
- Large cross slide with two full length tee slots
- Tailstock quill engraved metric and imperial
- Metric and imperial thread cutting
- Reversible leadscrew for left hand threading
- Power cross feed system
- New! Low 30 rpm speed at the low range, ideally suited to thread cutting
- New! Dependable Delta inverter drive with AC induction motor
- New! Overload clutch to feed shaft
- New! With powerful 1500w reversible motor
Supplied with a large range of tools and accessories, including
- Swarf tray
- Rear splash guard
- Face plate
- Three jaw 125mm self centre chuck with inside and outside jaws
- Four jaw 125mm independent chuck
- Interlock chuck guard
- Fixed steady
- Travelling steady
- Two dead centres
- Compound slide
- Thread dial indicator
- Toolbox with tools
- Operation manual and full parts list
All these items with each WM 280V for no extra charge.
Buying a WM 280V
- You can buy with confidence from Warco - we've selling lathes just like this for four decades now, and have always prided ourselves on our after sales service.
- We have a hugely comprehensive range of spare parts available for this lathe, should you ever need anything, and for complete peace of mind, each machine comes with a 12 month warranty.
- Each lathe is fully run and tested by a qualified member of our team before leaving our premises, and will be supplied with an individual accuracy test report.
- Very robust lathe with extremely high levels of accuracy and precision.
- As with our entire range of machines, the WM 280V is supplied fully assembled and ready to go. Once it arrives via our free delivery service, simply plug in and enjoy your new lathe.
- Lathe price include UK mainland delivery.
Swing over cross slide
Distance between centres
Maximum tool size
Range of spindle speeds
30 - 2500 rpm
Range of metric threads
0.2 - 3.5mm
Range of imperial threads
8 - 56 tpi
Tailstock quill travel
Top slide travel
Cross slide travel
Compound slide swivel
Dimensions L x W x H
Measurements taken to end of handle grips.
1250 x 620 x 508mm
Buy the 280V securely online, or feel free to call us on 01428 682929.
Buy with confidence from Warco - we've been supplying lathes to customers worldwide for nearly 50 years.