Milling Machine Head Attachment for Lathe 240 / 250
To fit Warco WM 240 / WM 250 / WM 250V Lathes
This optional attachment adds all the functions of a milling machine an existing lathe.
Compatible with the WM 240, WM 250 or WM 250V lathes.
Secured by allen screw, it simply attaches to the lathe to transform it into an all in one combination lathe milling machine.
Utilizes the lathe cross slide as a milling table.
For fitment advice for your particular machine, please see notes below.
- Infinitely variable speed range from 50 - 2250 rpm
- Dovetail column ensures positive location
- Precision spindle supported on taper roller bearings
- Adjustable gibs to slideways
- Head tilt +/- 90°
- Positive adjustable stop to vertical position
- Rack and pinion drill feed plus fine feed for highly accurate machining
- Locks to head, column and spindle
- Digital metric / imperial depth gauge
- Digital rev counter
- Captive drawbar which avoids the need to strike the drawbar to release the tooling
- Machined 'flats' on spindle to prevent rotation with supplied spanner during tooling change
- Specification of the milling head the equivalent of the WM 14 Milling Machine.
- This machine is metric.
Image above shows the slightly larger equivalent attachment on a WM290V lathe.
Standard equipment includes
- 13mm drill chuck
- Drawbar 10mm and 3/8"
- Toolbox with maintenance tools
- This attachment requires space at between the back of the cross slide and rear splash guard to fit.
- New WM 250V lathes are all pre-supplied with larger rear splash guards that will accommodate the attachment.
- For older WM 250 and all WM 240 lathes, the milling attachment can be impeded by the standard splash guard.
- We can always supply larger rear splash guards to overcome this if required.
- Alternative solutions are to do without the rear guard or modify one to enable unrestricted milling head movement.
- This is not compatible with glass optical DRO systems, because of lack of clearance for scale with milling head attached.
- If you need any advice about fitting, or to enquire whether your machine already has a larger splash rear guard can always contact us for more help.
Maximum drilling capacity
Maximum end mill capacity
Number of speeds
Speed range in back gear
Speed range in high range
Head tilt left & right
|90° - 0° - 90° |
Positive stop to vertical
Height from stand
Price includes VAT and UK mainland delivery.
Order securely online, or call us on 01428 682929.