Milling Machine Head Attachment for Lathe 280 / 290
To fit Warco WM 280V / WM 290V Lathes
This attachment adds the functionality of a milling machine to the WM 280V or WM 290V lathe.
Easily fitted and secured in place by allen screw, this attaches to the lathe to convert it into an all in one combination machine.
Utilizes the lathe cross slide as a milling table.
For fitment advice for your particular machine, please see notes below.
- Infinitely variable speed range from 50-2250 rpm
- Dovetail column ensures positive location
- Precision spindle supported on taper roller bearings
- Adjustable gibs to slideways
- Head tilt +/- 90°
- Positive adjustable stop to vertical position
- Rack and pinion drill feed plus fine feed for highly accurate machining
- Locks to head, column and spindle
- Digital metric / imperial depth gauge
- Digital rev counter
- Forward / reverse motor
- Captive drawbar which avoids the need to strike the drawbar to release the tooling
- Machined 'flats' on spindle to prevent rotation with supplied spanner during tooling change
- Full specification of the milling head is equivalent of the WM 16 Milling Machine.
- Metric (Item No. 2901)
- Imperial (Item No. 2901IMP)
Illustrated above attached to a Warco WM 290V Lathe
Standard equipment includes
- 13mm drill chuck
- Two drawbars - 10mm and 3/8"
- Toolbox with maintenance tools.
- New WM 280V and WM 290V lathes are pre-supplied with larger rear splash guards that can accommodate the attachment.
- To fit this attachment to an older WM 280 / 280VF lathe (since discontinued models), please note that a larger rear splash guard may be required.
- We can always supply these larger rear splash guards if required.
- Alternative solutions on machines without full size splash guards include removing the existing guard altogether, or it can be modified to enable unrestricted milling head movement.
- Need any advice about fitting? You can always contact us for more help.
Item No. (Metric / Imperial)
2901 / 2901IMP
Maximum drilling capacity
Maximum end mill capacity
Distance spindle to table
Number of speeds
Speed range in back gear
Speed range in high range
Head tilt left & right
|90° - 0° - 90°|
Positive stop to vertical
Height from stand
Price includes VAT and UK mainland delivery.
Order this milling attachment securely online, or call us on 01428 682929.